Social media can be a great advertising tool. It allows to you get your message out to thousands of people very quickly. However, there is more to successful social media advertising than setting up accounts and posting ads. It is important that you create content that results in sales.
1. Establish Relationships
- This may be the most important tip. I know that you want to advertise, but do not make the mistake of posting your advertisements without adding any conversation. Engage in two-sided conversations with your followers. This helps you build trust which in turn builds a strong customer base.
2. Post Regularly
- Advertising your business here and there will not get you the results that you need in order to be successful. Most people need to see something several times before they decide to look into it. However, you do not want to overwhelm your followers by posting too much. You should limit your advertising to three to five times a day.
3. Write Great Content
- Post content that engages your followers. If you post exciting and useful content, your followers are more likely to share it with their followers. This is great exposure for your business. Word of mouth advertising is very powerful. People will look for your future posts if you establish a reputation for sharing great content.
4. Avoid Forcing Customers
- Your posts should talk with your customers and not at them. When you post forceful content, most people see it as a sales pitch and automatically tune it out. Give more detail about your products or services than the price and website to buy it. You should also provide incentives so that your customers feel that they are getting a good deal.
- Keep a consistent message on all of your social media accounts. This avoids sending mixed messages and inaccurate advertisements. It is a good idea to use an app that allows you to integrate your blog and social media accounts. This way you can be certain that they all have the same information.
Join Le-Vel. No fees EVER!